lnstructions to authors
Apunts. Educació Física i Esports is a multidisciplinary scientific journal edited by the National Institute of Physical Education of Catalonia (Spain) which was founded in 1985. It is a trilingual journal (Catalan, Spanish and English) that uses the double-blind peer review process and is covered by several major indexing ser- vices including Web of Science (ESCI) and Scopus. It publishes original scientific articles in the fields of human motricity, physi- cal education and sport sciences in both paper and digital format www.revista-apunts.com.
To be published in the journal, authors must be familiar with and follow the instructions below:
The journal is organized into seven sections, which comprise its usual content along with a variable Miscellanea section (Opinion, Women and Sport, Replies and Scholarly Letters, Doctoral Theses-Summaries). These sections are the following:
- Humanities and social sciences
- Physical activity and health.
- Physical education.
- Sports education.
- Physical preparation.
- Sports training.
- Sports management, active leisure, and tourism.
APA 6th education publication norms can be downloaded by clicking on the icon below.
Ethical Considerations in the Conduct and Reporting of Research
Details on the peer review process used by the journal (phases, possible outcomes).
The journal follows a plagiarism screening policy.
The studies must be original and unpublished, preferably grounded upon scholarly research and not in the process of being simultaneously reviewed by any other journal or publication. For this reason, a certificate signed and dated by the main author stating explicitly that the article enclosed has not been published and is not being reviewed by any other journal or publication, and, if needed, that it is based on scholarly research, is required.
It is very important to carefully read the different requirements which are preconditions for publication, otherwise the manuscript will be returned for failure to comply with the norms. If you have any questions on submitting material, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +34 93 241 79 89.
Through the ONLINE PLATFORM
The process of submitting manuscripts has 5 steps:
- 1. START: In this step, you will validate the submission checklist, the authors will transfer the copyright, and comments may be sent to the editor.
- 2. UPLOAD SUBMISSION: In this step, only the original article (.doc .docx) is uploaded for review.
- 3. ENTER THE METADATA: In this step, the personal data of the authors is filled out and the contact author is defined.
- 4. UPLOAD ADDITIONAL FILES: In this step, the following are uploaded:
- Introductory page in Microsoft Word or a similar document (avoid PDF). This document is used to help the editorial manager and consists of: identifying information, affiliation, and contact information of the authors, specifying the corresponding author and his/her postal address (to physically send the journal, if the article is published).
- Certificate of originality following the template provided by the journal. (Download template)
- High-quality graphs or images that enhance the article (optional)
- 5. CONFIRMATION: This is the final step which confirms the submission.
Specification of the files to send on the ONLINE platform
A single copy (.doc) should be sent which only consists of these three sections:
- Title of the article.
- Full name, affiliation, postal address, and email address of ALL the authors:
- indicating their degrees and institutional or professional affiliation, if applicable.
- Designation of one author to whom all correspondence should be sent, indicating contact telephones and email address.
Letter acknowledging authorship and statement of conflicts of interest
A letter should be sent to the director of the journal including:
- The title of the article in Spanish or Catalan
- The section in which the authors would like it published
- The authors’ acceptance of the content submitted
- The authors’ granting the copyright to INEFC, stating that the manuscript has not been previously published, in part or in its entirety, and that it is not in the process of being reviewed by another publication.
A statement of potential conflicts of interests that could affect the article submitted must be included from each of the authors.
The first signatory shall be considered the main author and will be in charge of communication with the journal’s Editorial Board.
The certificate model can be found at the following link. In order to fill out the documentation to be sent by email, the introductory letter with the signatures of the authors can be scanned and sent in electronic format (preferably pdf).
The article must be a document in Microsoft Word or a similar program and must be in column format so the reviewers can reference the numbering of the paragraphs in their suggestions.
1. Types of articles and section of the journal
Indicate the type of article (research article, Scientific Notes*, survey article or scientific letter) and the section of the journal to which is it targeted.
* The articles meant for Scientific Notes, which are only published in English, should follow the stipulated template, which can be downloaded on the website, with a maximum of 1500 words and 2 tables or figures.
Total number of words
The original articles can have a maximum of 4000 words not count- ing the title, authors, abstract, tables, figures, acknowledgements and references. APA guidelines encourage authors to eliminate any redundancies, ambiguities and generalities that could hinder the un- derstanding of the scientific text.
Catalan, Spanish or English.
In Word format with continuous line numbers. Respect indentations, titles of tables, figure captions and references according to APA 6th edition: letter type and size: Times New Roman 12. Line spacing: double (2.0) for the entire text except the footnotes on the pages; Margins: 2.54 cm; Indentation: marked with the Tab key or 5 spaces. Text alignment: left.
The title should be no more than 12 words and should be unequi- vocal and understandable by specialised readers. It should include a substantive part (the topic) and a part that indicates the method used. If possible, it should indicate aspects like the ages or gender of the participants.
Authors and affiliations
International search engines use the last surname by default. We ad- vise using only one surname or joining both surnames with a hyphen. Make sure that the authors’ affiliation is officially recognised by each institution. Include personal identifiers or Research ID or ORCID.
A maximum of 6, and they are recommended to match the interna- tional descriptors (such as MeSH, Inderscience).
A maximum of 250 words, and it should not include direct references. It should be organised into the sections: interest of the study, objectives, method and main results.
The originals should match the following sections:
- Introduction: This can include a maximum of two subsections.
- Methodology: This should be written in the past tense and include: Participants: which also indicates, if applicable, the name of the ethics committee that endorsed the study and the code. Materials and Instruments. Procedure.
- Data Analysis: Written in the past tense.
- Results: Written in the past tense.
- Conclusion: Summarising the main conclusions; it can include the limitations and future prospects.
- Contribution: Specify the contribution of each author.
- References: A maximum of 25, following APA 6th edition guide- lines; the DOI of each reference should be included.
2. Summaries of doctoral theses
The summaries of doctoral theses submitted should be at most 300 words long and contain the following informative elements:
- Complete title.
- Date defended (day/month/year).
- Full name of the author(s) and supervisor(s), job title, and institution with which they are affiliated.
- Email address and postal address of the author for correspondence.
- The title and keywords must be in the original language of the thesis and in English.
B. REVIEW POLICY
The Editorial Board reserves the right to return articles that do not meet the publishing rules stipulated in this document to authors before sending them for the first review for selection.
Articles that offer no significant new insights or confirmation of theories will be returned due to a lack of scholarly relevancy and will not proceed through the review process.
All articles initially accepted by the Editorial Board for evaluation in the review process shall be subjected to the same peer review process using the double-blind procedure. In the event of a discrepancy between the two reviewers on the article being reviewed, a third reviewer will be assigned.
To ensure the integrity of the double-blind review procedure conducted by experts for this journal, the authors must strive to avoid revealing their identity and institutional affiliation. Before submitting the manuscript, we recommend that authors make sure to take the following steps with the text and file properties: the authors of the document must eliminate their names from the text, as well as any reference to their affiliations which could identify them; they should also try to ensure that none of their references appear in the document files.
After the original text has been accepted, it is sent to peer scholars who use the evaluation table (available at www.revista-apunts.com/media/hoja_evaluacion.pdf), to assess the relevancy of the article, its formal aspects, the rigorousness of its contents, the methodology used and possible applications. The reviewers will issue their opinion about whether or not the article should be published with minor changes or with notable changes and modifications, or whether the article should be rejected for publication in the journal. In all cases, the reviewer will provide suggestions, nuances, and comments addressed to the author and the editor.
The corresponding author will anonymously receive the evaluations, suggestions, and opinions from the article evaluated.
After this process, if the article has been accepted for publication, the Editorial Board may make any final observations it deems relevant, which the author should follow precisely and then promptly return the article. These modifications may solely be subjected to the indications of the Editorial Board. The editorial team of the journal must be notified in the event of new changes because of subsequent findings.
Once the article has been definitively accepted, before it is published the galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author, who must review them within at most four days.
The estimated review period is the frequency with which the journal is published, starting from the time when the author is notified of receipt of the article.
The copyright to the articles published in Apunts. Educación Física y Deportes are held by the journal, and these articles may not be partly or totally reproduced without the permission of the journal’s Editorial Board.
The journal accepts no responsibility for the ideas and opinions expressed by the authors of the articles or contributions.
The journal does not control nor does it take any responsibility for the links and hypertexts in some articles which provide access to features and services offered by third parties on other websites.
D. CERTIFICATE OF ORIGINALITY
Texts that are candidates to be published articles must be previously unpublished and original and cannot be in a simultaneous review process to be published in other journals or editorial bodies. To this end, the main author shall send a signed and dated certificate with the text following the document available for download in the following link:
In addition to the above, the author must also declare the absence of plagiarism and state whether the text comes from original research or another empirical or professional work.
E. ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
No texts which promote any kind of social, racial, political, sexual, or religious discrimination will be published.
When experiments performed on humans or animals are described, the authors must state that the procedures used are in line with the standard ethical norms.
Articles that have received economic or financial assistance to be published must have the permission of the corresponding institution.
The journal accepts no previously published material. The authors are responsible for getting any permits needed to partly reproduce material (text, tables, or figures) from other publications as well as for properly citing their source.
If it is determined that an article which is partly or totally plagiarized from another work has been submitted to this journal, it will automatically be rejected and its authors excluded from publishing in Apunts. Educación Física y Deportes in the future.
You can download the complete ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES document by clicking on the icon below.
F. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
The journal expects authors to state any commercial association that they may have which could entail a conflict of interest in relation to the article submitted.
Only persons who have intellectually contributed to the development of an article may appear in the list of authors. As a general rule, the authors:
- Have participated in the conception and realization of the study that resulted in the submitted article.
- Have participated in writing the text and in any possible revisions.
- Have approved the version that is ultimately published.
The journal refuses to accept any responsibility for possible conflicts stemming from the authorship of the articles published in Apunts. Educación Física y Deportes.
H. INFORMED CONSENT
In the Methods section, the authors must mention that the procedures used in patients, students, and control groups were performed after obtaining their informed consent.